Frida 1.6.4 Released ∞release
It’s time for a bug-fix release!
- The engine no longer pre-allocates a fixed chunk of 256 MB per thread being traced, and now grows this dynamically in a reentrancy-safe manner.
- Eliminated a bug in the cache lookup logic where certain blocks would always result in a cache miss. Those blocks thus got recompiled every time they were about to get executed, slowing down execution and clogging up the cache with more and more entries, and eventually running out of memory.
- Relocation of RIP-relative
cmpxchginstruction is now handled correctly.
Better Dalvik integration (Android):
- App’s own classes can now be loaded.
- Several marshalling bugs have been fixed.
- More than one NativeFunction with the same target address no longer results in use-after-free.
Also, CryptoShark 0.1.2 is out, with an upgraded Frida engine and lots of performance improvements so the GUI is able to keep up with the Stalker. Go get it while it’s hot!